What is the Best Camera Under $500?
If you are searching for the answer to this question, then you are at the right place.
DSLRs are known for being quite expensive. Every professional photographer knows the importance of owning one because these cameras are essential if you want to get into professional photography.
But the Good thing about DSLRs and other digital camera is, they come in all kinds of price ranges.
If you don’t have thousands of dollars to spend on high-end cameras, you can buy good quality ones at an affordable price.
There are a lot of high-quality DSRL products out there that you can get if your budget is $500 or less. This is what this review article is going to help you with.
- Our Top 03 Picks
- Sony Compact Digital Camera – $459.00
- Canon EOS Rebel DSLR Camera – $449.99
- Canon EOS 4000D DSLR Camera – $479.00
- Olympus Tough Waterproof Camera – $379.00
- Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera – $497.99
- Canon EOS Rebel T100 Digital Camera – $489.95
- Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera – $599.99
- Nikon DSLR Camera – $619.95
- Nikon Coolpix Digital Camera – $363.99
- Sony Cyber-Shot Digital Camera – $419.00
- Canon EOS Rebel T7 Digital Camera – $439.99
- Panasonic Digital Camera – $597.99
Best Camera Under $500
A lot of people don’t get into photography just because they believe that digital cameras are expensive. It is true but there are also some incredible, budget-friendly options out there that you can check out.
So, if you want to learn photography, don’t let the money hold you back.
We are going to introduce you to some of the best digital cameras that you can get for under $500 to begin pursuing professional photography.
Here are the best cameras under $500 that you can buy to get the best value for your money
Our Top 03 Picks
Sony Compact Digital Camera – $459.00
Sony HX400V Compact Digital CameraSony HX400V Compact Digital Camera
With this camera, you get a high-speed class 10 SD card that you can use to store the HD photos and videos that you capture with the camera.
This camera features the 20.4MP Exmor R CMOS sensor which allows you to capture excellent photos in low light areas.
The BIONZ X Image processor offers excellent imaging and video quality. If you are planning on being a professional photographer, this camera will be a good place to start.
The best part is this camera offers USB as well as HDMI support. So, you’d be able to transfer your captured work to and from this camera with ease.
The design as well as the build quality of this camera is great. If you want the best camera under $500 that offers you long-lasting performance, we suggest you check out the Sony HX400V.
- 1080p HD video resolution
- 20.4MP camera with Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Comes with a 32GB High-Speed Class 10 SD Card
- Offers 50x Zoom
- Features the USB and HDMI hardware interfaces
- Durable build quality
- Doesn’t come with a touchscreen
- The camera feels a bit heavy
Canon EOS Rebel DSLR Camera – $449.99
Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR CameraCanon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera
If you want to shoot FHD photos and videos, then we recommend this camera for you. It is available for under $500 and is one of the best options for affordable cameras that you can find out there.
You get WiFi and NFC technology with which makes the file transfer process simple and easy for you.
With the 9-point autofocus system, you’d be able to smoothly capture the moving action. The optical viewfinder allows you to cover a lot of areas with ease.
You can also turn this camera into a webcam using the EOS utility webcam beta software.
- Comes with an 18-5mm lens
- 24.1MP CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 4+ Image processor
- Captures FHD photos and Videos
- 9-Point AF system
- Features built0-in WiFi and NFC
- Zoom feature is not great
- The software seems a bit slow
Canon EOS 4000D DSLR Camera – $479.00
Canon EOS 4000D DSLR CameraCanon EOS 4000D DSLR Camera
The package includes a USB Card Reader, 58mm UV Filter, Charger, Battery, Lens Caps, Neck Strap, and a cleaning cloth.
This camera features the 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor with DIGIC 4+ image processor. This camera comes with a Motor Autofocus system which is amazingly accurate at capturing stunning photos.
You can capture FHD movies with it as well. The build, as well as the image quality of this camera, is amazing. You get a 2.7” LCD screen with it which allows you to see your captured work in real-time.
This camera records videos at 29.97FPS which is awesome for a camera in this price range.
- DSLR camera with EF-S 18-5mm lens
- Includes a Class 10 SD Card and USB card reader
- Shoots 1080p videos at 29.97FPS
- Features a 2.7” LCD Screen
- DIGIC 4+ Image processor
- Features 8 Point autofocus
- Sturdy construction
- Doesn’t come with an external flash
- Low-light performance is not great
Olympus Tough Waterproof Camera – $379.00
Olympus Tough TG-6 Waterproof CameraOlympus Tough TG-6 Waterproof Camera
The camera offers you high resolution for images and videos with its F2.0 lens. It offers you up to 8x zoom. It also includes the back-illuminated CMOS image sensor.
This camera comes with 4 macro shooting modes that allow you to do magnified shooting up to 1cm from the end of the lens.
You get 5 underwater shooting modes with this camera including the microscope and various white balance modes that you can try out.
The TG-6 will help you shoot 4K videos at 120FPS. This is better than most of the DSLRs that you can find in this price range.
- Waterproof digital camera
- Shoots 4K HD videos at 120FPS
- Stunning images quality
- Offer up to 4x zoom
- Comes with a back-illuminated CMOS image sensor
- Durable digital camera
- Battery performance is average
- Need to Buy SD Card
Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera – $497.99
Panasonic LUMIX LX10 Digital CameraPanasonic LUMIX LX10 Digital Camera
This camera is quite compact and lightweight as compared with a DSLR. It is 20.1MP and helps you shoot 4K videos. It is a point-and-shoot camera that offers you 3x zoom.
The camera features an optical image stabilizer that allows you to capture photos and videos without any kind of blurry effect.
The camera comes with 3 Inch tilting selfie display which you can tilt 180 degrees upwards.
You can record photos and videos up to 30FPS with this camera. It features USB charging and WiFi connectivity which makes this camera a great choice for people who have to travel a lot.
- 4K digital camera
- Features 3x zoom with LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMILUX lens
- Features Optical Image Stabilization
- Comes with a 180 Degrees tilting selfie display
- Offers USB charging
- Compact & Lightweight
- FPS is low for a camera in this range
- Autofocus performance is below par
Canon EOS Rebel T100 Digital Camera – $489.95
Canon EOS 4000D Rebel T100 Digital CameraCanon EOS 4000D Rebel T100 Digital Camera
The camera features the 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 4+ image processor. The screen size is 2.7”.
You can use this camera to shoot HD photos and 1080p videos at 30FPS. The camera offers you a 9-Point AF system that delivers remarkable performance.
The built-in WiFi makes it simple to transfer files. You also get the scene Intelligent Auto Mode that you can use to record top-quality photos and videos.
The build quality of this camera is quite great. If you are looking for the best camera under $500 for beginner-level use, we recommend the T100 for you.
- Comes with EF-S 18-55mm lens
- 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 4+ image processor
- Records 1080p HD photos and videos at 30FPS
- Features built-in WiFi
- Durable build quality digital camera
- Doesn’t come with ManufacturerWarranty
- Software performance is a bit slow
Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera – $599.99
Panasonic LUMIX FZ300 Digital CameraPanasonic LUMIX FZ300 Digital Camera
The camera comes with the Leica DC VarioElmarit Lens which offers you 24x zoom. The zoom is better than most of the products that you’ll find in this review.
This camera offers excellent performance in low-light spaces. The build quality of the LUMIX FZ300 is quite rugged. The camera is splashproof and dustproof.
You get the 5 Axis Hybrid Optical Image Stabilizer with this camera that allows you to record photos and videos without any kind of blur effect.
The design of this camera is quite compact and ergonomic. It is the perfect choice for the user when traveling in our opinion.
- Features 24x Long Zoom
- Comes with a 12.1MP Sensitivity MOS sensor
- Captures 4K photos and videos
- Features WiFi support
- 5 Axis Hybrid Optical Image Stabilizer
- Comes in black color
- Splash & Dustproof camera
- Audio quality is not good
- Build quality is not the best
Nikon DSLR Camera – $619.95
Nikon D3500 DSLR CameraNikon D3500 DSLR Camera
The camera comes with the 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS sensor with No Optical Low-Pass. The camera comes with a rechargeable battery and the package contains a lot of useful accessories that would facilitate the photo and video capturing experience for you.
This camera looks great. It offers a strong grip because of its ergonomic design. It is lightweight which makes it a perfect choice for photographers.
- 24.2MP DSLR camera that shoots high-res photos and videos
- Features an awesome Autofocus
- Comes with an 18-55m lens
- Rechargeable battery included
- Build quality is great
- A bit expensive than $500
- Battery performance is quite average
Nikon Coolpix Digital Camera – $363.99
Nikon Coolpix B500 Digital CameraNikon Coolpix B500 Digital Camera
This camera features a 16MP BSI CMOS sensor. It offers you 40x optical zoom and about 80x dynamic zoom.
You get a 3” tilting LCD screen with it. This camera allows you to record 1080p videos at 30 frames per second. The Bluetooth, WiFi, and NFC technologies of this camera take the wireless connectivity to a whole new level.
You get 18 different scene modes that you can use as per your requirement. And the best part is, you can connect the camera to your phone and remotely control it for recording yourself or anything that you want.
- 16MP BSI CMOS sensor
- Offers 40x Optical Zoom and 80x dynamic zoom
- Features 3” LCD
- Shoots 1080p videos at 30FPS
- Features Bluetooth, WiFi, and NFC
- Durable construction
- Software seems outdated
- Doesn’t work well with IOS devices
Sony Cyber-Shot Digital Camera – $419.00
Sony Cyber-Shot HX80 Digital CameraSony Cyber-Shot HX80 Digital Camera
HX80 offers you Micro HDMI as well as the standard HDMI hardware interfaces. It comes with a BX1 battery that offers long-lasting performance.
You also get a microfiber cleaning cloth with it which is something extra that would be useful for you.
This camera allows you to capture 1080p videos and the resolution is just amazing. The build quality, as well as the performance of this camera, is simply incredible.
- Offers 30x zoom
- 1080p video resolution
- Comes with a 64 GB memory card
- Features the BIONZ X Image Processor
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Compact design and travel friendly
- Zoom quality is not the best
- Not suited for professional photography
Canon EOS Rebel T7 Digital Camera – $439.99
Canon EOS 2000D Rebel T7 Digital CameraCanon EOS 2000D Rebel T7 Digital Camera
This product is a complete package that includes a camera, a lens, a tripod, a dust blower, a 32GB SD card, an IR Remote, and a CC2 camera bag. There is so much more that you get with it.
As for the performance, you get the DIGIC 4+ image processor which allows you to capture quality photos and videos.
You can shoot 1080p videos with this camera. There is a 9-Point AF with a Center Cross-Type point. You can get steady photos and videos with this camera without any kind of hassle.
The software of the camera is quite great and makes it easier to use all the features that the camera has to offer. All in all, this product is a great choice for the best camera under $500 that you can find out there.
- Includes an EF-S 18-55mm lens
- Includes a DIGIC 4+ processor
- Comes with a 32GB SD Card
- Includes a 50 Inch tripod
- 3” LCD monitor
- Features 9-Point Autofocus
- Feels a bit heavy
- Build quality is not great
Panasonic Digital Camera – $597.99
Panasonic LUMIX G7 Digital CameraPanasonic LUMIX G7 Digital Camera
The G7 is a 16MP mirrorless camera that includes a 3” LCD screen. It comes in the classy black color which looks great.
If you are looking for a camera for professional use, we recommend you start with the Panasonic LUMIX G7.
This camera allows you to capture 4k images and videos. You can easily control the aperture and the shutter settings of the camera to get the exact kind of photos that you need.
This camera offers great build quality, awesome performance, and ease of use at an affordable price.
- 16MP camera with OIS technology
- Comes with a LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm lens
- Captures 4K videos
- Offers intuitive controls
- Comes with a high-res viewfinder
- Durable build quality digital camera
- Zoom doesn’t work well
- Autofocus is performance is average
$500 is a reasonable budget for getting a good quality DSRL. If someone tells you it’s not enough, then they just don’t know what they are talking about.
If you know where to look and what brands to follow, you can find the best DSLRs and other digital camera products in this range.
We highly recommend that you check out the best camera under $500 products reviewed in this article to get an idea about the possible options that you can go for.
If you have any questions or queries about best-budget cameras, get in touch with us. We’d be happy to help you out.
Related Blogs For You
- 12 Best Actions Cameras Under $100 in 2021 | Top Picks
- Best Camera Under $1000 | Top 15 Picks for 2021
- 12 Best Trail Camera Under $100 – Best Budget Options for 2021
- 12 Best Trail Camera Under $100 – Best Budget Options for 2021
- 12 Best Digital Cameras Under $200 – Best Options for 2021
- 12 Best waterproof Camera Under $100 – Top Choices for 2021