Professional photography requires premium-grade equipment. You need high-end cameras to capture photos and videos when you are working as a professional photographer.
For people who just want to capture their precious moments, they don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive camera equipment.
There are a lot of affordable options out there for casual photographers that they can use to take good quality photos and videos.
In this article, we are going to roundup the top-rated options for the best digital camera under $200 that you can find out there.
Let’s get straight to it
- Our Top 03 Picks
- KODAK PIXPRO Astro Zoom – $118.06
- GoPro Camera – $199.00
- Canon PowerShot Digital Camera – $179.00
- Sony Digital Camera – $134.00
- AKASO Brave WiFi Action Camera – $159.99
- Nikon Coolpix Digital Camera – $139.99
- CEDITA Vlogging Camera – $99.92
- CAMPARK V40 Action Camera – $129.98
- SEREER FHD Vlogging Camera – $91.91
- KODAK Digital Camera with Friendly Zoom – $94.95
- Nikon Coolpix Digital Camera – $296.95
- Canon PowerShot Digital Camera – $149.99
Our Top 03 Picks
KODAK PIXPRO Astro Zoom – $118.06
KODAK PIXPRO Astro Zoom AZ421-WHKODAK PIXPRO Astro Zoom AZ421-WH
The powerful CDC sensor of the camera allows you to zoom or crop images without losing the quality.
It comes with a 24mm wide-angle lens which captures stable and accurate images even at maximum zoom level.
This camera includes face detection features as well as a face beautifier that enhances the images and videos on the go.
You can shoot 180 Degree panoramas with this camera in a seamless way. There are 3 different color variants that you can choose with the AZ421-WH.
- 16MP high-res camera
- Offers up to 42x optical zoom
- 24mm wide-angle lens
- Features Face Detection
- Includes built-in face beautifier
- The design looks great
- Durable digital camera
- Battery is not reliable
- Takes a lot of time to charge
GoPro Camera – $199.00
GoPro HERO7 CameraGoPro HERO7 Camera
The HERO7 is a 10MP camera that helps you capture 4k videos. This camera can help you create stunning time-lapse as well.
This camera is compact, rugged, and waterproof. It includes a touchscreen display that allows you to easily navigate and use the different features that the camera has to offer.
This camera offers the burst mode that you can use to capture about 15 photos in one second. With video stabilization, you can capture smooth videos even when there is a lot of movement around you.
GoPro Hero7 features USB connectivity for transferring files from the camera to a different storage device. We highly recommend this product for the best digital camera under $200.
- 10MP camera helps you capture 4kk videos
- Features Voice Controls
- Offers burst mode and GPS performance stickers
- Features video stabilization
- Compact and portable
- Affordable price
- Ergonomic Design
- Battery can’t be replaced
- The software freezes sometimes
Canon PowerShot Digital Camera – $179.00
Canon PowerShot ELPH190 Digital CameraCanon PowerShot ELPH190 Digital Camera
This camera is great in terms of the build quality as well as the features that it has to offer.
It comes with built-in WiFi and NFC which make it easier for the user to share files to and from this camera. This camera includes a DIGIC 4+ image processor that offers stunning image quality.
The camera offers 720p resolution for the images and videos. You can also transfer the files via a USB connection. It comes with Smart Auto features that automatically select the right settings for the camera.
Canon PowerShot ELPH 190 offers features like the Fisheye Effect, Toy Camera Effect, and Monochrome that you can use to capture stunning photos and videos.
- 20MP 720p high-res digital camera
- Offers 10x optical zoom with image stabilizer
- Offers file transfer via WiFi and NFC
- Includes additional features
- Compact and ergonomic design
- Durable construction
- Zoom features are not so impressive
- Autofocus doesn’t work well
Sony Digital Camera – $134.00
Sony DSCW830 Digital CameraSony DSCW830 Digital Camera
This easily portable camera offers stunning video and image quality. You can apply 8x zoom with it and it still captures steady images.
The camera offers 720p resolution. You can create 360 Degree panoramas with it.
This camera is available in black and silver colors. You can choose the one that suits your personal preference.
The Sony DSCW830 is quite durable, and its battery performance is remarkable as well. With its 2.7” LCD, you can easily see your captured images and videos in real-time.
- 20.1MP digital camera with 720p resolution
- Features a 2.7” LCD
- 2 color variants to choose from
- Supports 360 Degree panorama shooting
- Easy to use
- Durable digital camera
- Offers good value for money
- The display quality is subpar
- Doesn’t work well in bright settings
AKASO Brave WiFi Action Camera – $159.99
AKASO Brave 7 WiFi Action CameraAKASO Brave 7 WiFi Action Camera
This camera offers 20MP 4K resolution and shoots videos at 30 frames per second. It features an interactive touch screen.
Being waterproof, you can use this camera when swimming as well. Brave 7 features electronic image stabilization (EIS) to reduce the shaky effect when making a video.
This camera comes with two 1350 mAh batteries. This is a perfect vlogging camera in our opinion. We highly recommend the Brave 7 as the best digital camera under $200.
- 20MP 4k digital camera
- Includes two 1350 mAh batteries
- Waterproof build
- Comes with a Touchscreen
- Supports External Mic Voice Control
- Adjustable viewing angle
- Affordable price
- Audio quality is not good
- Screen size is a bit small
Nikon Coolpix Digital Camera – $139.99
Nikon Coolpix S6800 Digital CameraNikon Coolpix S6800 Digital Camera
You get a variety of different color choices with this camera. The camera features a low-light CMOS sensor which means that it would capture videos just fine even when there is not enough light around.
The 12x zoom will allow you to capture even the tiniest bits of details with ease. The S6800 supports built-in WiFi which makes it a whole lot easier for the user to share files to or from this camera.
The autofocus of this camera is quite intelligent and good at identifying the focus target. You get 18 different scene modes with this camera and it selects one automatically, based on the environment.
All in all, the Nikon S6800 is a powerful camera that would be great for personal needs. Since it has a compact size, it would be great for traveling purposes.
- 16MP low-light CMOS sensor
- Features 12x Zoom
- Supports WiFi for easy files sharing
- Offers 18 different scene modes
- Compact and durable
- WiFi connectivity lags a bit sometimes
- Software takes time to boot
CEDITA Vlogging Camera – $99.92
CEDITA Vlogging Camera 30MPCEDITA Vlogging Camera 30MP
This 30MP camera offers 2.7k resolution and comes with a flip screen that can be rotated 180 Degree. The camera comes with a 32GB memory card and 2 batteries which offer long-lasting performance.
This camera is great for vloggers because it offers excellent value for money.
For example, you won’t find any other camera with the same level of video and image quality in the same price range.
The performance of this camera is quite good in low-light. You can use the pop-up front flash to illuminate the area where you want to shoot the photo or video.
The screen size is 3” which allows you to see your captures photos or videos in real-time. The batteries of the CEDITA vlogging camera don’t take a long time to charge and last for a long time with continuous use.
- 30MP Digital Camera with 2.7k resolution
- Comes with a flip screen
- 32GB memory card and 2 batteries included
- Comes in black color
- 1.64ft focus range
- 3 Inch size
- Durable quality digital camera
- The audio quality is not good
- Video colors feel a bit off sometimes
CAMPARK V40 Action Camera – $129.98
CAMPARK V40 Action Camera 4KCAMPARK V40 Action Camera 4K
This camera offers 4k resolution and shoots images and videos at 30fps. With the EIS features, this camera allows you to capture smooth images and videos even when you are in motion.
This camera offers a waterproof range of about 131ft. It comes with 2 batteries, both 1350 mAh. The screen size is 2 inches which are enough to see the photos and videos that you have captured with the camera.
You can also shoot videos in slow motion with this camera. This feature is hard to find in most products with a similar price tag.
V40 comes with remote controls which make it easier for you to start and stop recording a video. This camera is lightweight which makes it a perfect choice for portable use.
- 4K digital camera that shoots at 30fps
- Features EIS for smooth photography experience
- 131ft Waterproof
- Comes with 2 batteries (each 1350mAh)
- Lightweight and portable
- Comes with a dual-color screen display
- Supports slow-motion capture as well
- Touchscreen is not quite responsive
- Doesn’t perform well in low light
SEREER FHD Vlogging Camera – $91.91
SEREER FHD 2.7K Vlogging CameraSEREER FHD 2.7K Vlogging Camera
This camera comes with a 3” screen and it offers 4x zoom. The size of this camera is quite compact. It is recommended for beginner photographers who are just starting their photography journey.
This camera shoots at 20fps. You can easily pause the recording of this video whenever you want to.
Recommended for YouTube content creators, this product would be perfect for people who are on a budget. The overall build quality, as well as the performance of this product, is remarkable.
Plus, there are 2 variants available for this model that you can choose from.
- 2.7k resolution FHD camera
- 3.0 Inch screen
- 48MP Camera
- Offers 4x Optical Zoom
- Compact and durable
- 20fps continuous shooting speed
- Build quality is questionable
- App crashes from time to time
KODAK 16MP Digital Camera with Friendly ZoomKODAK 16MP Digital Camera with Friendly Zoom
This camera has a 24mm wide-angle so it can cover a lot of the details in the environment where you want to shoot the images and videos. With optical image stabilization, this camera will offer you smooth photos and a video capturing experience.
This camera is quite rugged and durable. There are not many products on the market that offer the level of durability that this camera has to offer.
With the compact size and lightweight design, this camera would be a perfect traveling companion for you. You can get this camera in red or black camera, as per your preferred choice.
- 16MP camera with 15x zoom
- Features 24mm wide-angle
- 720p HD video resolution
- Comes with optical image stabilization
- Includes a 3” LCD screen
- The design is ergonomic
- Focus is not great
- Software lags from time to time
Nikon Coolpix Digital Camera – $296.95
Nikon Coolpix B500 Digital CameraNikon Coolpix B500 Digital Camera
This camera offers a staggering 40x optical zoom and 80x dynamic zoom. You get to record 1080p FHD video with this camera at 30fps.
As for the connectivity, this camera supports WiFi, Bluetooth, as well as NFC for transferring files from this camera to a separate storage device.
The Auto Mode of this camera is quite great. Plus, you can choose from 18 different scene modes for capturing mind-blowing images and videos.
The design of this camera is quite great. Nikon B500 is an excellent blend of quality and performance that you need to check out.
- 16MP camera with 1080p FHD resolution
- Offers 40x Optical and 80x Dynamic Zoom
- 18 scene modes
- Remote control via smartphone
- Built to last
- Snap bridge software lags sometimes
- Batteries don’t last for long
Canon PowerShot Digital Camera – $149.99
Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 Digital CameraCanon PowerShot ELPH 180 Digital Camera
This camera comes in silver color which looks great on it. You can choose the red color variant if you prefer that kind of aesthetics.
ELPH 180 offers features like image stabilization and Smart Auto Mode. The optical zoom works up to 8x. The camera is 20MP and records videos at 720p.
With additional features like the Fisheye scene mode, Toy Camera Effect, and Monochrome, you get to take your photo and videography skills to a whole new level.
- 20MP 720p HD camera
- Offers 8x zoom
- Features the DIGIC 4+ image processor
- Includes a lot of scene modes
- Compact and portable
- Excellent imaging and video performance
- Some users have complaints about the charging performance
- Focus often gets messed up
Affordable cameras are great for beginner and casual photographers who are not interested in professional photography.
Although a best digital camera under $200 won’t have the latest premium features like a high-end camera, it would still be enough for people who are on a budget.
Check out the affordable digital cameras that we have talked about here for good quality photo and video capturing performance at an affordable price.
Related Blogs For You
- 12 Best Actions Cameras Under $100 in 2021 | Top Picks
- Best Camera Under $1000 | Top 15 Picks for 2021
- 12 Best Trail Camera Under $100 – Best Budget Options for 2021
- Best Drone with HD Camera Under $100 | Top Picks for 2021
- 12 Best Vlogging Cameras under $100 – Best Budget Options for Vloggers
- 10 Best Digital Cameras Under $100 | Most Affordable Options in 2021
- 12 Best Game Cameras Under $100 in 2021 – Reviewing Best Budget Options
- 12 Best waterproof Camera Under $100 – Top Choices for 2021