Whether you want to do underwater photography or you are into watersports, you need a waterproof camera to record all the action.
And with so many technological advancements in the digital camera industry, you can find the best waterproof camera under $100.
Although people are skeptical about the performance of waterproof cameras that are under $100, we have found these cameras to be quite great for shooting underwater photos and videos.
You might not get the best features like a high-end waterproof camera, but these budget-friendly cameras would still be great for casual photographers and hobbyists.
- Our Top 03 Picks
- AKASO Underwater Camera – $54.99
- Campark 4K 20MP Action Camera – $74.99
- AKASO Brave Waterproof Camera – $79.99
- Campark Waterproof Action Camera – $76.49
- Dragon Touch Waterproof Action Camera – $51.99
- APEMAN Waterproof Action Camera – $52.99
- CrosstourNative Action Camera – $89.99
- COOAU WiFi Action Camera – $59.99
- VanTop Moment Waterproof Camera – $49.99
- Campark Action Camera – $91.99
- Victure Waterproof Action Camera – $119.98
- Panasonic LUMIX Waterproof Digital Camera – $58.95
The Best Waterproof Cameras Under $100
Finding the best-budget waterproof cameras is not easy. You need a product that does what it claims. Finding such a digital camera for under $100 is not easy.
We have researched the market for the best waterproof cameras for you so that you don’t have to go through the struggle.
So, are you ready to find the best options for waterproof cameras under $100? Then let’s get started with the review.
Here is our list of the best-budget waterproof cameras that you can use to record all kinds of underwater activities
Our Top 03 Picks
AKASO Underwater Camera – $54.99
AKASO EK7000 4K 30FPS Underwater CameraAKASO EK7000 4K 30FPS Underwater Camera
EK7000 captures 4K videos and images at 30FPS. Italso works as an action camera for recording underwater activities. It offers a 170 Degree wide viewing angle, and it is waterproof for up to 98 ft.
This camera features two 1050mAh rechargeable batteries. Each battery can record photos and videos for about 90 minutes straight. You get built-in WiFi and support for HDMI with this underwater camera which makes it easier for you to transfer files.
This camera is built to last. If you truly want the best underwater performance, you won’t find a better option than EK7000 under $100.
- 4K UHD Action Camera
- 12MP Optical Sensor
- Shoots videos and photos at 30FPS
- Battery is quite impressive
- 100 ft. underwater range
- Great for capturing indoor as well as outdoor activities
- Sound quality is subpar
- The app for mobile phone crashes sometimes
Campark 4K 20MP Action Camera – $74.99
Campark X20 4K 20MP Action CameraCampark X20 4K 20MP Action Camera
This camera will allow you to capture smooth photos and videos underwater. It comes with Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) technology which allows you to record videos and images without any kind of shaky effect.
You get touchscreen remote controls with the camera which enable the user to control this camera in a simple and easy way.
The camera features a wide-angle lens, and it weighs just about 567 grams.
This camera has all you’d need for the best underwater photography experience. The image quality is crystal clear and better than most products that you find in this price range.
- 4K Ultra HD 20MP Camera
- Features EIS technology
- Comes with remote controls
- Features IPS touchscreen display
- 131ft underwater camera
- Battery life is quite good
- A wide-angle lens that captures maximum details
- Battery takes a while to charge
- Audio sounds a little bit distorted
AKASO Brave Waterproof Camera – $79.99
AKASO Brave 4 Waterproof CameraAKASO Brave 4 Waterproof Camera
The best thing about this camera is its remote-control mechanism. You’d be able to use this camera underwater, without any kind of worries.
With the 5x zoom, this camera is your best option for exploring marine life. There are a lot of helmets and other accessories kits that you can get with this camera.
It supports HDMI connectivity so transferring files would be quite simple and easy with this camera.
AKASO Brave 4 comes with an IPS display which allows you to see your capture photos and videos in real-time. Plus, you get 2 rechargeable batteries with it and both are 1050mAh. We highly recommend the AKSAO Brave 4 as the best waterproof camera under $100.
- 4k 20MP camera with ultra-HD photos and videos quality
- Offers HDMI connectivity
- Features up to 5x Zoom
- 100ft waterproof digital camera
- Includes free valuable accessories
- Comes with two 1050mAh batteries for a long battery life
- Ergonomic design
- Some users have complaints about the media quality
- Sound quality is not clear
Campark Waterproof Action Camera – $76.49
Campark X35 Waterproof Action CameraCampark X35 Waterproof Action Camera
This particular action camera shoots 4K videos. It is a 24MP camera and comes with WiFi connectivity. With the EIS and the built-in Sony sensor, this product offers excellent value for money.
X35 offers up to 4x zoom. It is 40m waterproof and the Dual Screen looks great. The lens is 170 Degree wide. This camera includes 2 batteries, so you won’t ever have to worry about the batteries running out.
This camera is great for shooting time-lapse videos underwater. The build quality of the camera is great, and the price is reasonable.
- 4k UHD action camera that shoots 30FPS
- Comes with a 2” screen
- Features built-in WiFi
- Best suited for Vloggers
- Offers 40m waterproof performance
- Sturdy construction
- Sound quality is not good
- Some users have reported video lags
Dragon Touch 4K Waterproof Action CameraDragon Touch 4K Waterproof Action Camera
This camera comes with a 2 Inch display and WiFi connectivity for a better video and photo capturing experience.
The Dragon Touch waterproof camera records 4K photos and videos with up to 4x zoom. It comes with a remote control that you can wear on your wrist to easily control all the features of the camera.
It is a 100ft waterproof camera is designed with premium-grade materials to withstand severe external conditions. It would be a great long-term investment for a waterproof camera in an affordable price range.
- 4K action camera with 4x Zoom
- Comes with wireless wrist controls
- Features a 2” display
- Features up to 10m wireless range
- Comes with two 1050mAh batteries
- Compact and portable
- Suited for underwater sports
- FPS is quite low
- The Remote is not waterproof
APEMAN Waterproof Action Camera – $52.99
APEMAN A77 Waterproof Action CameraAPEMAN A77 Waterproof Action Camera
This 20MP waterproof camera shoots 4K photos and videos. It comes with remote controls that work at a range of up to 30m. With hyper stabilization technology, this camera will be your perfect companion for underwater photography and videography.
The lens of this camera is quite wide, so you’d be able to capture a lot of details with it. The camera shoots at 30FPS so its photos and video quality would be much better than most products that you find out there.
This camera supports WiFi as well as HDMI. You won’t have any kind of problems transferring files to or from this device.
- 4K UHD video resolution
- Features WiFi connectivity
- Comes with a wide-angle lens
- Hyper-stabilization enabled
- 170 Degree wide viewing angle
- Sturdy construction
- Audio quality is not the best
- Battery doesn’t last for long
CrosstourNative Action Camera – $89.99
CrosstourNative FHD Action CameraCrosstourNative FHD Action Camera
This camera offers advanced features like the Anti-Shake and a touchscreen display with remote control features.
We like this camera because of its premium design and awesome build quality. It is a 40m waterproof camera. With built-in video stabilization, you can capture smooth photos and videos with ease.
The Crosstour camera has a 170 Degree wide viewing angle which is adjustable. You can choose from a wide range of shooting modes to take your photography skills to the next level.
The camera comes with a pair of 1350mAh batteries, so you don’t have to worry about the battery performance with this camera.
- 4K 50FPS underwater camcorder
- 40m waterproof camera
- Comes with video stabilization
- Camera angle is adjustable
- Offers 19 useful accessories
- Durable and sturdy
- Features a Premium look
- Battery doesn’t work for as long as claimed
- Mic pickup is quite poor sometimes
COOAU WiFi Action Camera – $59.99
COOAU 4K 20MP WiFi Action CameraCOOAU 4K 20MP WiFi Action Camera
This camera comes with 2 1200mAh batteries and it offers about 20 different useful accessories that you can go for.
The EIS technology of this camera works amazingly well underwater to deliver shake-free images and videos.
The screen size is 2” and you can use it to capture time-lapse and slow-motion with ease. You get WiFi connectivity with the COOAU action camera and remote controls makes it easier for you to have complete control over the images and video capturing experience.
There are a lot of additional features that this camera offers including self-time, slow motion, burst photo, loop recording, and so much more.
- 20MP 4K camera with EIS technology
- 40m waterproof
- Best suited for underwater usage
- Features two 1200mAh batteries
- Microphone quality is good
- Easy to control and use
- Durable exterior
- Can’t handle severe weather conditions
- Software creates issues lime freezing from time to time
VanTop Moment Waterproof Camera – $49.99
VanTop Moment 4U Waterproof CameraVanTop Moment 4U Waterproof Camera
This camera is quite great in terms of quality as well as performance. It is one of the best waterproof cameras under $100 that you can find out there. VanTop action camera is your best choice in terms of value for money.
This camera comes with a 170 Degree wide viewing angle. Aside from that, it offers you electronic image stabilization features. With the slow-motion setting, you can shoot classic underwater images with ease.
This camera is 100ft waterproof. The audio quality is amazing even when you are deep into the water. This camera is highly recommended for beginners who want to get into marine life photography.
- 4K underwater action camera
- 2” display size
- Features slow-motion shooting mode
- Comes with EIS features
- Suited for underwater sports
- Doesn’t get damaged by water
- Microphone quality is quite good
- Some users have reported issues with SD card compatibility
- Image quality is subpar
Campark Action Camera – $91.99
CamparkV30 4K Action CameraCamparkV30 4K Action Camera
This camera is 20MP and shoots photos and videos with 4K resolution. The camera is 40m waterproof and comes with Dual Screen EIS technology.
This camera shoots media at 30 frames per second and offers features like WiFi sharing and remote controls. The WiFi range is phenomenal.
You can use the app of this camera to view or share your captures photos and videos on the go. You get 2 1350mAh batteries with it which is quite great.
The Campark V30 is one of a kind in that it offers powerful features at a competitive price. It is recommended by a lot of users as the best waterproof camera under $100 in 2021.
- Features Dual-Screen design
- Offers 4k video resolution
- Includes Time-Lapse and Slow-Motion shooting modes
- EIS for image stabilization
- WiFi controls are quite intuitive
- Awesome video quality
- Durable design
- The software glitches sometimes
- WiFi connection is a bit slow
Victure Waterproof Action Camera – $119.98
Victure AC940 4K Waterproof Action CameraVicture AC940 4K Waterproof Action Camera
This camera features a USB connection for file transfer. The file transfer speed is quite remarkable. The Fisheye lens allows you to record the tiniest bits of details with ease.
You get 2 batteries with the AC940, both are 1350mAh. You get to record videos for 60 minutes straight with this camera.
The small size and weight of this camera make it extremely portable. We recommend this camera for people who have a limited budget and who want good performance in a reasonable price range.
The waterproof capabilities of this camera are great. You can shoot time-lapse and slow-motion with this camera as well.
- 4K camera that shoots a 60FPS
- 20MP action camera
- 131ft underwater support
- Features EIS for image stabilization
- 2 1350mAh batteries
- Durable and affordable
- LCD is not great
- WiFi connection lags sometimes
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TS2 Waterproof Digital CameraPanasonic LUMIX DMC-TS2 Waterproof Digital Camera
The DMC-TS2 is designed for underwater exploration and sports activities. The camera is available in a wide range of colors that you can choose from.
This camera is 14.1MP and offers you up to 4.6x zoom with optical image stabilization.
The display size is about 2.7”. This camera is quite compact and lightweight. The zoom quality is defiantly worth talking about.
The best thing about this LUMIX camera is, you can shoot smooth photos and videos even when you are moving around. The focus of this camera is phenomenal.
All in all, the LUMIX DMC-TS2 is quite great in terms of price as well as performance. We highly recommend this best waterproof camera under $100. You won’t find a better deal anywhere else, within this price tag.
- 14.1MP waterproof digital camera
- Offers 4.6x zoom
- 2.7” LCD screen
- Multiple color variants to choose from
- HD images and photos quality
- Comes with an advanced touch design
- Build quality is questionable
- Some people have reported water leakage issues
Finding the best waterproof camera under $100 seems too good to be true, right? Well, you certainly can find good options for waterproof cameras in that price range. This is what this review is all about.
So, what are you waiting for? Check out the waterproof cameras that we have reviewed in this article to find the best budget and best performance waterproof cameras for yourself.